Search This Blog

Miss Ruby Tuesday, Add On Pack, Take 1

Its been a while since I've blogged about the 1 Puddle Lane Miss Ruby Tuesday . You might remember my mini obsession with the MRT last s...

Its been a while since I've blogged about the 1 Puddle Lane Miss Ruby Tuesday. You might remember my mini obsession with the MRT last spring/summer. I have to admit, I got tired of making the same dress over and over. No doubt, its a great pattern, but even I got bored.

But then they released a 2 part add on pack. A variety of bodices and skirts! Truth was, I wasn't going to buy it. Because I thought I didn't need it. But I got lucky, and won it as part of a contest. Awesome. I downloaded my copies and set it to the side, thinking maybe I'll get to it someday.

I would like to wholeheartedly apologize for not printing up the add on pack sooner. Between the original pieces and add on packs, the MRT is now essentially EVERY knit dress you could want. No matter what it is, you can make it from just this set of patterns. For just $33, you'll have 10 bodice options (considering each different neckline from the original), 9 skirts, 7 sleeve variations. When you multiply all the options out you have 630 different dresses. Not even I can sew up that many dresses!

I was able to jump right in, since I had already sewn up the original and knew what adjustments to make. I removed 1/2" out of the upper bust and 1" at the waist. Thanks to my long rise, I didn't have to remove length between the hip and waist. I did shorten the skirt by 2" and then took a longer hem allowance. But isn't this perfect?!

I have already cut up all the options and they are ready for me to sew. Now to just pick out which combination I want next! I think it'll be one of the crossover bodices, but I who knows what'll happen between now and the next time I sew one up!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )