Search This Blog

A tale of 8 Flower Girl Dresses with Jocole and Create Kids Couture

On August 8, 2015, my brother got married. Congrats baby brother! Being the good sister that I am, I sewed up not 1, not 2, but 8 flow...



On August 8, 2015, my brother got married. Congrats baby brother!


Being the good sister that I am, I sewed up not 1, not 2, but 8 flower girl dresses! Whew. At first it was fun, but then it felt a bit like a sweat shop. Thankfully my hard work turned out beautifully. Because I was sewing for girls in 2 different age ranges, I ended up with 2 different dresses.



First I wanted to imitate the style of a dress from another designer and the Jocole Endless Dress was just the one. There really isn't much that can't be done with this dress! The Jocole Endless Dress comes in sizes newborn-14. Includes 2 bodice lengths and a cutting chart for tunic or knee length skirts. You also have the options of sleeveless, short sleeve, 3/4 sleeve or long sleeve. There's collars, sashes, skirt banding, and applique. But that's not all! The volume 2 add on pack gives you a ruffled sleeve, flutter sleeve, curved bodice (pictured here) or bubble skirt. Think we're done? Not yet. You can also easily use pattern pieces from many of the Jocole patterns to mix and match. These include the Jocole Circle Flounce and the Everyday Princess Dress. My head hurts just thinking of all the options!

You can buy your copy here: Jocole Endless Dress


For the younger girls I used the Jocole Endless Dress with add on pack. I included knife pleats between the curved bodice and the top of the dress. This took a little bit of math to make sure I had enough space for the seam allowances. But the effect was stunning.












































For the older 2 girls, I used the Create Kids Couture Bethany. Cute, but grown up enough that they liked them. You can get your copy here: Create Kids Couture Tween Bethany


I'm so glad that I was able to sew up something so perfect for such a special event. It was great to get a family photo in too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )