Search This Blog

Optical Illusion Part 2

A comment called me out on my last "optical illusion" post. They wondered if the difference in appearance was the sleeves. I as...


A comment called me out on my last "optical illusion" post. They wondered if the difference in appearance was the sleeves. I assured them it isn't the sleeves, but why believe my words? I apologize in advance for the bad lighting in the photos. I'm still learning about camera and light angles, but the photos don't need to be perfect for you to see the point of the post.

So optical illusion part 2. I'm wearing my FAVORITE t-shirt pattern, the Patterns for Pirates Layer Me Up. It has great coverage for me and awesome sleeves. These sleeves are actually modified long ones! I didn't have quite enough of this Girl Charlee Knit Fix fabric to make long sleeves. So I cut them as long as I could and added elastic into the center of the sleeve pattern piece. Awesome ruched sleeves!

And for a bit of oomph, I sewed up a pair of Sisboom Judy Fancy Pants in a fabulous Ponte De Roma From Cali Fabrics. I had never sewn these in knit and really should have taken the side seams in. BUT, the best part here is that if I slim the leg, I'll have what looks like a passable pair of palazzos. And while I wasn't so sure about them before, I think I need palazzos in my life. I actually look like I have hips and a butt in these photos. HIPS. Do you know how hard it is for inverted triangles to look like they have hips?

And a shout out to the Capsule Wardrobe Sewing Group on Facebook. After a discussion on how to wear "red" lipstick, I picked out this simple purpley gloss from Milani. What a difference from my usual pinky gloss!

I don't think you need any further words, so on to the pictures:



You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )