Search This Blog

Tools for Tuesday: A Better Seam Ripper

I just love some good alliteration, so today I've got another edition of: So on Tools for Tuesday, I have another little tool that ...

I just love some good alliteration, so today I've got another edition of:


So on Tools for Tuesday, I have another little tool that may just make your sewing life easier.

Now, if you're like me, you have a love hate relationship with your seam ripper. You hate that thing. You hate it because it means you made a mistake and now you need to undo your work. How frustrating! And worse, when you're angry, you're more likely to poke a hole in your fabric. GAH!

Well I can't stop you from making mistakes or poking holes in your fabric with your seam ripper, but I can make the post ripping clean up a little easier.

Now you probably own 1 (or several) of any number of variations of this seam ripper.

And it absolutely does the job. But I came across a seam ripper with a special cap and end cap that changed my seam ripping for the better. You can use the cap or end cap to gently rub the stitches and the slide right out of the fabric.

My super cool seam ripper. I actually own 2 of these, just in case.

Here it is taking out some stitches.

Here it removed the 3 stitches that were showing above.
Totally impressed? I picked my "Seam Fix" seam ripper up at Walmart. But if your Walmart doesn't have them, or you're just too lazy to look at the store, this is the best deal for them at Amazon.com. Even though you pay shipping, it is still cheaper than the one that has free Amazon shipping. At least it was at the time of this post (4/5/2016)


Hope this makes seam ripping a little less frustrating. Until next time. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )