Search This Blog

Fresh Stitch Patterns Shoulder Snap T-Shirt and Seated Panel Pants

I want to thank Fresh Stitch Patterns  for asking me to test the Shoulder Snap T-Shirt and Seated Panel Pants. I received the pattern for fr...

I want to thank Fresh Stitch Patterns for asking me to test the Shoulder Snap T-Shirt and Seated Panel Pants. I received the pattern for free in exchange for testing the pattern. All opinions remain my own

This is my first time sewing up a Fresh Stitch Patterns design. I didn't really know what to expect. I was happy to find that the patterns are well drafted and the instructions are very meticulous. These patterns are actually pretty easy to follow, so if you have any experience with knits, you'll be fine with these patterns.

These patterns use a 1/4" seam allowance. That makes it easy to use your serger to fly through construction. BUT, don't worry if you don't have a serger. I actually made the pants 100% using my sewing machine and you can't even tell!

The Shoulder Snap Tee is the perfect style for itty bitties, and comes in sizes premie through 2-3T. It allows you to get the shirt on over their head without the neckband being too small and freaking them out. I'm not so far from dressing my newborns to realize that newborn babies completely freak out about those neck bands. And let's be real. Even 3 year olds still have big heads that can make it difficult to dress. I made the size 2-3T for my 3 year old. The fit is absolutely perfect, which makes sense since she fits the chart perfectly.


The Seated Panel Pants come in the same premie through 2-3T size range. I love how there is 1 front pattern piece and 1 seat piece. This allows you to use up those much loved fabric scraps in a way that can be SUPER cute. While you can't see them in my photos, the legs include an ankle cuff. The pattern is drafted for a diaper wearing child. My youngest doesn't wear diapers any more AND I had to mash up sizes. I used a size 12-18 width with the 2-3T length. This made the perfect fit for her body. However, the crotch is super baggy. But since she isn't wearing a diaper, that is to be expected. Its good to know that a diaper (even cloth I think) would fit just fine.

You can get your copy of the bundle for just $6.95 while it is still on sale. Check it out here.

Want to see more versions of this super cute set? Check out Jillyann Jiggs' review of this great pattern. OR My Slightly Crunchy Life

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )