Search This Blog

June is for Dads Patterns For Pirates Men's Henley

Sewing for my husband hasn't turned out to be as difficult as I thought. I've got yet another success today on So what are we t...

Sewing for my husband hasn't turned out to be as difficult as I thought. I've got yet another success today on


So what are we talking about here? Today's review is the Patterns for Pirates Men's Henley. The Men's Henley comes with 3 necklines (crew, henley or henley with hood), 4 sleeves (short, button tab, long and long with thumbhole cuffs), and 3 lengths (short, regular and long) and 2 hem options (hemmed or banded). That makes it pretty much the only shirt you need for the men in your life.

For my husband, I made the size medium in the regular length with long sleeves. Now you might be thinking who needs a long sleeve shirt in the middle of June? If you live in Wyoming, you make sure you still have long sleeves available. The weather for the next 7 days includes: a low of 49 and a high of 89. Wanting your long sleeve shirts now?
So, while long sleeve shirts at 4 pm might not be a good idea, you definitely want them if you're out at night OR early in the morning. And early really just means that it doesn't get to 70 degrees until AFTER 9am.

All the pattern pieces went together as expected and the shirt absolutely looked better than ready to wear. The sleeve is cut on the fold, but in this looser fit style, the fit of the armscye is not as critical. I did the crew neck collar. NOT because I'm afraid of henleys (perhaps you remember my henley series?), but because I don't have quick access to my iron and an ironing board. I can't wait to be set up in our new house because there are definitely more of these shirts in my husband future. I hate the way the top stitching turned out on this, but without my cover stitch machine there isn't much I can do.
And of course, I want to talk about this fabric! This is the 10 oz Combed Cotton/lycra Jersey from Stylish Fabrics. Remember my post last week about my new Swimsuit? This is more of the quality stuff that I've come to expect from Stylish Fabrics. The texture is fabulous, it washes up great and it really is a great price at just $6.90/yard. I can definitely see buying more of this.

Linking up today I've got Mahlica Designs! Be sure to stop over and see what she's been working on for the men in her life!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )