Search This Blog

Summer Comfort with the Jocole A-line Yoga Skirt

I LOVE being comfy. And the truth is, short of being naked, you don't get more comfortable than a good maxi skirt. I've owned the ...

I LOVE being comfy. And the truth is, short of being naked, you don't get more comfortable than a good maxi skirt.

I've owned the Jocole Yoga A-Line Skirt for a long time. I actually have sewn several and love them all. They're comfy, easy to wear and aren't fussy like some other clothes.It takes WAY longer to assemble the pattern than it does to sew it up. It comes with 2 fits (regular and slim) and a TON of length cutting lines.

I especially love maxi skirts because skirts make you look so put together, but no one can tell whether you shaved your legs (gasp). I know, but I'm all about the truth here. ;)

I bought the Jocole Yoga A-Line during one of the Jocole 1/2 off Wednesdays. So I paid a whopping $4. Great deal.

And while I do love the pattern and Jocole, the truth is, the pattern isn't super well drafted. Don't get me wrong, the pattern is 100% usable the way it is. It makes great skirts that are comfy, cozy and easy to wear.

BUT, the waist line is cut straight across and the front and back are identical. I don't know about you, but my front and back are not identical. Is that a deal breaker for me? Nope. I still like the pattern. If I knew now what I knew then, would I still buy it? For $4, probably. Should you buy it? If you already own a knit maxi you like, then no, don't buy it. But if you're still building up your pattern stash, and you want a simple pattern that could easily lend itself to hacking, then this is a great place to start. But wait for it to go on sale. ;)

For styling, the black/gray striped fabric is my waistband. I originally made this skirt when I was about 3 months post partum from my 3rd. That yoga waistband was long and helped support my post partum belly. Obviously, I'm not needing that belly support any more. So I have folded the band WAY down and have it sitting across the biggest part of my hips. NOW, if you are a pear body shape and are trying to hide your wide hips, DON'T put a horizontally striped waist band across your hips. But on me, it makes my butt look so wide and awesome and makes me look balanced. ;) So, if you're an inverted triangle like me and you need to look wider, throw that waistband down with a nice wide stripe. You're welcome. :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )