Search This Blog

Frontier Days: Tadah! Pleatie Dress

Yesterday's blog post and photos were so good, I didn't think I could top it, but today's photos are just as amazing and so is ...


Yesterday's blog post and photos were so good, I didn't think I could top it, but today's photos are just as amazing and so is the dress!

Tadah! gave me the Pleatie pattern in exchange for this review. All opinions remain my own.

So yesterday I talked about the Pleatie as a blouse and definitely super cute. Today I've got the dress version. I made the size 5 for my average sized 5 year old. My only deviation from the pattern is that I pleated the skirt into place rather than gathering it into place. For the record, gathering would be better, but for some reason, I have this personal aversion to hand gathering fabric. I know all the tricks to doing it, I just can't stand it. Pleating works just fine in this case.

So I do have a few notes about the pattern in size 5 for a dress.

#1- my daughter doesn't like the high front neckline. She'd prefer it was lower. For a top with no collar, I could easily scoop it out. BUT, if you also have a kid that doesn't like high necklines, consider using one of the larger sized necklines so you can still add your collar of choice.
#2- Apparently my daughter doesn't like things going around her belly button. Next time I'll add about 1" length to the bodice and take 1" away from the skirt. That will make this more drop waist, which is the style she prefers anyway.
#3- When you go to put the waistband, skirt and bodice together, the instructions may confuse you. I had to read them 6 times. For some reason, my brain kept saying, that's not right, because you put the skirt and bodice wrong sides together. I'm so used to flipping things right side out (like the facing) that for some reason I couldn't understand why we were piecing it together that way. BUT, follow the directions, they're correct!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )