Search This Blog

Back to School- Leggings Style

As a homeschooling family, back to school is completely different for us than those that go to school. Back to school means field trips,...



As a homeschooling family, back to school is completely different for us than those that go to school. Back to school means field trips, the library and park dates that were too crowded during the summer.

So here was are with not 1, but 2 Sofilantjes patterns in our favorite places to visit.

These patterns are either from my stash OR I received them from a pattern test (a long time ago). All opinions remain my own.

First we headed over the animal shelter. We always drop off something as a donation and then visit with the animals. We have enough pets of our own, but we hope that our visits help boost the animals morale.

My middle daughter is absolutely obsessed with cats. So I knew that this super fun color blocked Hibernis would be a well loved shirt. I used leopard print double brushed poly for the side panels and a super fun Heat Transfer Vinyl that I created from a pinterest inspiration.

Because it was hard to get good lighting at the shelter, we took a second trip to a local park so we could get some good photos in natural light.


We have one of the best libraries in the United States. And don't just take my word for it.  LCLS won library of the year in 2008. The problem with having an award winning library with an amazing children's section is that it is SO busy during the summer.

But, our first visit back after public school started was quiet, peaceful and a great chance to stock up on reading materials. I used the Otium to create this super adorable Disney Tsum Tsum inspired shirt. My only regret is not making the bow in the back pink like Marie's bow.

Its a good thing I made 2 different cat themed shirts, because they're the only thing my daughter wants to wear. And I didn't mind making t-shirts, because they're neither boring nor plain. Now i just need to come up with more adorable ways to incorporate color blocking and heat transfer vinyl!

Want more back to school inspiration? You can see me 3 times on the Back to School Tour. And of course, check out all the other stops too!

Tour schedule:
Monday, September 25, 2017
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Thursday, September 28, 2017
Friday, September 29, 2017

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )