Search This Blog

Friday Recap, October 16,2015

Another week flying by. Not nearly as busy (whew). I've been working hard to get good content for my readers! So far I haven't heard...

Another week flying by. Not nearly as busy (whew). I've been working hard to get good content for my readers! So far I haven't heard about pattern tests for next week, but I do have a secret kid's review I'll be aiming to complete.

AND, we're coming very close to finishing the Henley Review. I'm just waiting on the finished pattern from Terra's Treasures. Once I have that in hand, I will do an individual review and then a comparison review of the 4 knit henley shirts that have been released. I will do the Itch to Stitch Mila when it is available later this month or early next month.

While I wait on those things, I have in the works a 2 part tutorial on doing a Full Bust Adjustment on knit t-shirts. Thanks to Nap Time Creations for sharing their free "Long Sleeve T-shirt Pattern" so that I can show you full pattern pieces and walk you through the process. You'll find this very useful if you've always struggled with getting the right fit. Feel free to grab your own copy of the pattern, FOR FREE at Craftsy, so you can sewalong. Nap Time Creations Long Sleeve Tshirt

Finished reviews for this week include:
WWD Hepburn Henley
KBSD On Point Penley
Cozy Nest Play Then Store Away
P4P Women's Henley


I've also been working on Halloween costumes for my 3 girls. This year we're going as the Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2. I'll be doing a full review of the patterns I used, but I'm sharing a sneak peak of the outfits. And no, there's no shame in my threads just hanging out there for everyone to see. Its  Halloween costume for crying out loud!

Also completed includes 2 pairs of Tumble N Twirl Training Wear Shorts and Jalie Leotard #2792. Reviews for both coming soon! DD1 is excited to share these with her gymnastics class mates.

Quick sews for me this week included 2 P4P Boyfriend V-necks. Just the thing I needed to help fill out my capsule.

As the weather gets cooler, I am hoping to sew up a SUAT Riding Hood and get a full review up next week. I need to remeasure my kids and see what sizes will fit them best. Fingers crossed I won't need to sew up 3 separate ones! If you want to see what I'm talking about, you can see my Riding Hoods for sale in my storenvy. Organics by Ti Store Envy

On my cutting table:
A zip up hoodie hack for the P4P Women's Henley
Still working on pants fitting for both my husband and I. So far the fitting is proving harder than I expected.
Christmas orders. I never expected to get flooded with so many orders. I'm trying to get those out as fast as humanly possible.
If I find the time, the Laundry Day Tee by Love Notions.

We have another busy week next week, so we'll see how much I can get done! Happy sewing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )