Search This Blog

Why I LOVE Crafting In Wyoming

When people think of Wyoming, they usually think of bison and cowboys. And they sure wouldn't be wrong. We've got plenty of that her...

When people think of Wyoming, they usually think of bison and cowboys. And they sure wouldn't be wrong. We've got plenty of that here in South Eastern Wyoming. But what they don't expect is a crafter's dream.

Now don't get me wrong, we're no NYC or LA. There is no garment district. But for the home seamstress, it is quite nearly nirvana.

How so? Peruse my map here.

In just 16 minutes, you can drive from Joann's Fabrics, Michaels, Walmart, Hobby Lobby AND Goodwill. 16 minutes!

For a population of just 62,485 (as of 2014) that's a lot of crafting! That doesn't even include the 3 quilting shops in town too! I'm not even sure where to start with first when I have a project!

Now you might be wondering why I would include Walmart and Goodwill.

This Walmart has over 4 aisles of fabric, including knits and gauze! An entire aisle dedicated just to ribbons and lace. As well as the regular flannel, fleece, waverly wovens, discount fabrics, etc. That makes for excellent shopping when I can grab a gallon of milk and fabric at the same place.

I have learned over the years, that some Goodwill stores are good for crafters and others not so much. This Goodwill is a good one. How so? Twin sheets are $2. Full and queen are $3 and King sheets are $4 each. If you get the whole set (flat, fitted and pillowcases) it is just $1 more. You can't get cheaper "muslining" fabric unless you have a Walmart that has those $0.02/yard fabrics.

So needless to say, I may have just left Edison, NJ (Just 30 minutes outside of NYC), but I am definitely not wanting for fabric.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Sounds like you have found a crafting oasis! And where there are that many resources, there are sure to be a lot of fellow crafters!!! I am thinking it shouldn't be hard at all to make this place home and in no time at all. Best wishes as you settle in :)

    ReplyDelete

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )