Search This Blog

Patterns for Pirates Wingman Tee

As a mom to three girls, I don't often get to sew or craft for boys. So I actually love when friends invite us to boy birthday partie...


As a mom to three girls, I don't often get to sew or craft for boys. So I actually love when friends invite us to boy birthday parties. It gets my creative juices flowing and really wracks my brain.

So of course when my friend's little boy came to a playdate with his new batman shoes, I knew exactly what he needed for his up and coming birthday. Patterns for Pirates Wingman Tee.

I got this great batman fabric from Purple Seamstress on Facebook. I actually got super lucky, as it sold out in less than 19 minutes. I was the fifth person to hop on and say, "I'll take 2 yards." I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I did know that I didn't have time to think about it. That's a once in a lifetime event!

This fabric was the perfect thing at the perfect time.

No doubt this shirt is hard to photograph in my "don't pose, just play" mentality. But the wings are still super awesome and while I was worried they'd get in the way, they don't, not one bit. Climbing, sliding and running are all completely ok in this super cool shirt. According to my model, he's worn his shirt at least 3 times. His mom told me WAY more. I'm always happy to make a gift that can be well loved.

I do have a single complaint about this pattern. The neckline band is too wide. It feels like the scale of the neckband to the shirt is off and then causes some waviness along the neck. Not the worst thing, but I like everything to be perfect. But since I now know, next time, I'll just make the band a little thinner and I'll be happier with the results. All in all, still a great pattern and WAY easier than me trying to draft the underarm wing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )