Search This Blog

Welcome to the Circus!

Last year, I actually made 2 costumes for my girls. Probably because I had too much time on my hands, LOL. But having a baby, means I ha...



Last year, I actually made 2 costumes for my girls. Probably because I had too much time on my hands, LOL. But having a baby, means I had to dial back. And while I did make costumes for all 4 kids, it is MUCH easier to get photos of my baby guy than get 3 bigs to stay home and stop trunk or treating with grandma.

My little guy is certainly no monster. Not even at 2am. 😃 And I knew I needed a simple practical costume. My babies never seem to keep their hats on and makeup on their sensitive faces isn't a great idea (especially since they'll smudge it in 2 seconds flat!).

So what's a mom to do? Of course the answer is a digital mustache. I present to you Layden, the Circus Barker and his monkey. I mean, if you saw these two telling you to come see the circus, you'd at least a be a bit curious. Like, how is that baby so cute? And where did they get their mighty mighty mustaches?
All kidding aside, this costume was easy, fast and is definitely going to get worn WELL after Halloween. For starters, the body suit is RTW. I found the graphic design on Lovesvg.com under clown elements.

Up next of course is the pants. After buttons and a bow tie, the costume really could have been done. But, my guy really needed pants. His big fluffy diaper butt doesn't fit RTW. My favorite designer for cloth diaper butts is Max and Meena. I actually own ALL of the cloth diaper pants options for boys. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a bum circle, LOL.

I picked the "Max Footies" for this outfit and I'm so glad I did. I got a 3 for 1 out of them.
#1- Pants.
#2- Socks (try and lose these socks little baby guy!)
#3- Toys

Making the feet with striped fabrics really fascinated my little guy. He just kicked and watched his feet for like 20 minutes! #momwin

I hope you enjoyed my stop on the "My Monster Tour." For more Halloween fun, check out all of the stops.

Monday, October 1st- Sewing By Ti (intro)
2nd- Tales from a Southern Mom
3rd- Shalini's Sewing Space
4th- Tenille's Thread
5th- Sewing By Ti

Monday, October 8th- Back 40 Life
9th- Family of Makers
10th- Made for Little Gents
11th- Big Fly Notions

Sunday, October 14th- The Fairy Dust Bin
17th- Sewing With D
18th- 52 Week Sewing Challenge
19th- Auschick Sews
20th- Sew Cute Couture by Kathy

Sunday, October 21st- The Bear and the Pear Atelier
22nd- Seams Like Style
23rd- Seams Sew Lo
24th- My Heart Will Sew On
25th- JOT Designs USA
26th- My Sewing Roots
27th- Manning the Machine

Monday, October 29th- Frulle Mieke
30th- Sew Like a Sloth
31st- Sewing By Ti

You Might Also Like

1 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )