Search This Blog

Photos and Feedback

Did you know that what you see in the mirror isn't always accurate? Before you go thinking, "Ti has lost her mind, time to find a n...

Did you know that what you see in the mirror isn't always accurate? Before you go thinking, "Ti has lost her mind, time to find a new favorite blogger", hear me out.

When we're looking in the mirror, it is really hard to get a full view of our entire garment. We might think that we're seeing it all when we step back far enough, but we really can't. That is why I've started taking photos of my finished muslins. And yes, I even pose, because in most of our real life situations, we aren't standing straight up and down with our arms at our sides. Please note, a straight up and down pose is really important for checking whether your shoulder points are hitting properly and if the side seams are where they should be. This is my second muslin, (my first being a bodice only), so I have already checked those things.

So today I'm sharing my muslin with you. And I'm going to tell you what things I see.

#1- The first thing I notice is that the armholes look and feel too tight. I had to remove length above the bust (something I normally do), but I think the knit bands I applied made the armhole too tight. So on my list, scoop out the armhole and use a looser band OR use a softer weight fabric as this one is quite firm.

#2- The front of this pattern pulls up at center front. That is because my bust is large and needs more length at center front. The pattern piece cuts straight across, so I just need to scoop it down.

#3- The Wrap hits nearly at my bust point, so it keeps getting pushed down. I need to scoop out the top side of the wrap to allow the wrap to come under my bust

#4- My fabric choice was bad. I knew there was a chance that my fabric wouldn't be flowy and I'd end up with poof at the waist. I was mostly checking to see if I was happy with where the skirt hit, and I am happy with its location on the back.

#5- I really like the width of the skirt. It is more flattering to have less fabric than the usual 2X gather. This is more like 1.5X.

What things do you see? Will you be taking photos of your finished muslins too? I will say, this crazy printed fabric is great at hiding details, so definitely a great print for covering up personal imperfections. You can find this fabric at Simply By Ti

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )