Search This Blog

Finishing the #sewminicapsule contest

Woot Woot! I did it. Not 1 but 2 mini capsules done before the deadline. For DD2 I have: 2 Claires 2 Rowans and 5 pairs of Bonny Legg...

Woot Woot! I did it. Not 1 but 2 mini capsules done before the deadline.

For DD2 I have:
2 Claires
2 Rowans
and 5 pairs of Bonny Leggings (4 capri and 1 full length).


I also made

1 Claire
1 pair of full length Bonny Leggings
and 1 Patterns for Pirates Me Hearties. I honestly ran out of time for a 3rd mini capsule. I hope you don't blame me!

For myself, I finished
3 Mama Claires (drape neck, scoop back and split sleeve)
3 Mama Ellas (2 tie front, 1 t-shirt)
2 Mama Isabel and 1 Slim Fit Raglan

 Truth is, I've actually sewn MORE than just these 21 items in the last 2 weeks. There was also 3 SUAT Shirtzies and 2 Rad Patterns Super Suits. The keys to my success?
#1- Use patterns you already know and have fitted. If you have to take the time to muslin out a pattern, you will take up much needed time for other things
#2- Pick fast to sew items and sew multiples. If 1 item is going to take you an entire day, then definitely focus on faster items for the other ones.
#3- Sew in batches according to color. Every time you change thread color, you are taking precious time from your sewing projects. Every one of these items was either hemmed with the white thread in my coverstitch machine OR with my regular sewing machine with a zig zag stitch.
#4- Assembly Line! I churned out 5 pairs of leggings while watching 1 1/2 episodes of Homeland. Key to this was making sure all the fabrics were washed and ready to go. I cut everything during 1/2 of an episode and then sewed up the 5 pairs during the next full episode. Ironing all the hems at once and then putting them all through my coverstitch machine was easy and fast!

This was a fun, exciting contest. If I hadn't gotten sick, I could have done even more! Did you finish in time for your entry?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )