Search This Blog

Made for Mermaids Mama Claire- Split Sleeve Hack

I have to be honest. This isn't a full tutorial. Just a "see I made this" post. If I have enough interest, I'll write up...

I have to be honest. This isn't a full tutorial. Just a "see I made this" post. If I have enough interest, I'll write up an actually tutorial with all the photos.

Anyway, I took the Made For Mermaids Mama Claire and created a split sleeve. Super simple, words only tutorial:

1 use two plain pattern pieces from the Made For Mermaids.

2 Mark the shoulder seam 2- 2 1/2" from the neckline. (I marked mine 1 1/2", but I wish I had done at least 1/2" more to cover bra straps).

3 Mark the hem side 1 1/2" up from the hem.

4 When sewing the shoulder seam together, sew from neckline to your 2" mark. lock your stitches. Then sew from hem to the 2" mark from the hem.

5 Press the remaining seam allowance open. This will create the "split" sleeve. Stitch the hem down 3/8" from the edge.

6 Complete shirt per instructions.

Done. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )