Search This Blog

Gracious Threads Star Anise

I want to thank Gracious Threads for allowing me to test the Star Anise Dress. All opinions remain my own. The Gracious Threads Star An...


I want to thank Gracious Threads for allowing me to test the Star Anise Dress. All opinions remain my own.

The Gracious Threads Star Anise is a very classically styled dress with a bust dart and box pleat in the skirt. The way these 2 line up make for some very nice style lines. The instructions include some amazing finishing touches, like front and back facings, back zipper, understitching, sleeve bands and blind hems. The pattern pieces fit together well and the instructions are excellent.

My only complaint (and this is such a tiny thing) is that I had to sew up the size 2 for my 3year old. She is thin for her age and was actually too thin for the size chart in the chest. The length of the size 2 was perfect for her at 36" tall. 36" tall seems like a bit much for a 2 year old, but what do I know? So if you have an itty bitty string bean kid, beware it may not fit in the smallest sizes.

We got these great photos at a park date and I just love all the action shots. She however, did not approve of this dress. "It doesn't spin, mama" was her very important input. But definitely a very classically stylish dress.

You can read more about the new Gracious Threads Star Anise Dress here.

Purchase your copy of the Star Anise Dress here. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )