Search This Blog

KBSD Siren Trousers

You've probably seen my KBSD Siren Trousers a few times now, but this is the first time they are getting their own blog post. You'l...

You've probably seen my KBSD Siren Trousers a few times now, but this is the first time they are getting their own blog post. You'll probably keep seeing them, as I'm not completely happy with the fit just yet. 

The KBSD Siren Trousers are a high waist pant. They are meant to be slim fitting from the waist to the upper thigh and then straighten out and flare from there.

I have to admit, I've been struggling to get these to fit "right". I used to think my problem was that my butt was flat. That is actually NOT my problem. Making that adjustment left me with a HUGE wedgie and WAY too much fabric at the back of my leg. My problem is that my front leg (quad) is large, and my back leg is VERY thin (just like my actual back). However, compared to people with my hip size, my front leg is pretty average and my pack leg is invisible.

To get my waist to fit, I had to take the back in by 2"! The front fit perfectly, as evidenced by vertical side seams. To keep my grainline straight, I took at 1/2" from center back and 1/2" from the side seam. I tried removing it all from either side, but both distorted the back. I also tried removing it all inside the back dart. That was also horribly unflattering.

To fix the legs, I took out 2" from the center back leg below the crotch seam. Yes, this is a LOT of fabric. But you can finally see the shape of both my leg and my butt.

I actually foolishly removed width from the front leg, thinking it would help smooth out the back. I'll definitely be adding that back in, since I now have restricted leg movement in the front. But they're still wearable, so wear them I will!




These still need work, and I'll likely do another blog post next week on the anatomy of a pants muslin.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )