Search This Blog

So Sew Easy Fit and Flare Dress (for real this time)

I'm so happy to share my So Sew Easy Fit and Flare dress with you today. If you need to re-read the full review, you can see that on my ...

I'm so happy to share my So Sew Easy Fit and Flare dress with you today. If you need to re-read the full review, you can see that on my page from earlier this week "So Sew Easy Fit and Flare".

You obviously don't need another review. Just suffice to say, I love it! The only 2 things I think I should do.
1- I should probably shorten the body of the dress by about 1 1/2" so the "flare" starts a little higher up.
2- After I shorten the dress, I'd need to add 1 1/2" to the bottom hem (to add back in the 1 1/2" taken out of the body and then 2" more to make a longer length dress. I will absolutely wear it at this length, but I prefer longer dresses when wearing them without tights or leggings under.

Today's fabrics are my favorite cotton/lycra from Purple Seamstress and a black and gray (I know it looks purple) cowboy plaid from Girl Charlee. Check out my beautiful pattern match at that side seam! You can't get that in Ready To Wear!

So instead, today I'm going to talk about something different. Today I'm talking about New Years Resolutions. Not the usual kind where people say, "I'm going to work out and eat healthy this year." Those rarely last. I'll take the time to talk about those in context with a pattern review later this week or early next week.

Up until a few months ago, I was in the "stay at home mom" funk. You know the one. The one where you change from one pair of yoga pants to the next, ad nauseum, for about 3 years, or until your next kid comes along and you reset the clock for another 3 years. That was a sad unstylish place to be. And anyone that knew me "pre kids" knows I like being fancy. I like glitter and healed shoes and pretty dresses. Not every day, but I liked going to dances in high school. Now that I have kids, dances and party dresses aren't so much on my "to do" list so much as cook dinner and do laundry seems to be. At least that was what I thought.

But this year, I vow to party more. Even if I'm only partying in my kitchen or dancing to Disney soundtracks in my living room. Dance more, play more, and bring on the glitter! And before someone goes saying, "You're too old for glitter."

I say, "Ain't no body got time for that." Wear what you love, love what you wear. Party more, even if it is only in the comfort of your own home. You don't need some place to go to put on your favorite clothes and some nice make up.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is too cute! Great job with the final dress, Tibeca!

    ReplyDelete

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )